In layman's terms: A blog about music, by Luke Slater and James Welbourn.

24 February 2008

As many of you might know, I can sometimes have a bit of a short fuse, and it doesn't take much for me to get incensed about something! One such incident came whilst watching Top Gear, featuring Simon Cowell. Now, I'm not going to devote much time to the odious little s**t, but to cut a long story short, he was banging on to Clarkson about how his taste in music was exemplary, and how his job was really hard. Has he never watched his own show? It revolves around him telling a group of karaoke singers how good/bad/terrible they are, and if he does happen to think they are good, then they might one day get to release an album of Westlife covers. I honestly don't know how I would cope with such a hard job as that - but I'm sure a swim in my pool full of money would calm me down.

Well thats enough talk about Cowell - even thinking about his ridiculous haircut gets me riled. I've developed a bit of an obsession with the KLF this week folks, I don't know where its come from but I think the fact that Bill Drummond fired blanks into the audience at the 1992 BRIT awards, and then subsequently retired from the music industry might have something to do with it! The KLF have made some house music that I actually like - for educational purposes see the album 'The White Room' for all the big hits. They also did an excellent chill out album called, er, 'Chill Out', which sounds exceelent at 4am!

In other news this week, my award for 'Most Irritating Band on the Planet (currently) goes to the Feeling - I'm just happy if I can go through a day without having to listen to them on the radio, or see an advert for their shitty album!

A short rant this week, but I'll be back soon with more scathing criticism. I'll leave you with my playlist.

James Welbourn - 'All bound for mu-mu land.'

Playlist (Band/Song/Album)

The KLF - Justified and Ancient - The White Room
Madness - Michael Caine - Keep Moving
Miles Davis - Mystery - Doo Bop
Zero 7 - Destiny - Simple Things
The Cure - Fire In Cairo - Three Imaginary Boys
Kyuss - 50 Million Year Trip - Blues for the Red Sun
The Buzzcocks - Raison D'Etre - Singles Going Steady
Stevie Wonder - I Don't Know Why (I Love You) - For Once in My Life
The Descendents - Tony Age - Milo Goes to College
PJ Harvey - Good Fortune - Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea

No comments: